Regent Revenue Cycle Management’s R.I.S.E. program was created to develop a values-driven culture that helps us stay focused on our goal of leveraging our ambulatory surgery center (ASC) expertise, while providing consistent high-value customer service to clients. While at the same time creating an environment that sets up our employees for successful and rewarding work.
In a four-part series, we’re highlighting our four corporate values. Respectful Caring, Integrity, Stewardship, and Efficiency. In part three of our series, we look at Stewardship, the responsibility to properly utilize and develop our people, property and assets while fostering a safe and secure environment. This approach is a key part of why we can consistently outperform industry benchmarks and allow our clients to focus on high-value activities.
Stewardship is defined by Regent RCM as the ability to excel in five essential skills. In summary, these skills are:
- Mentor others to promote personal and professional growth.
- Regularly provide information to create enterprise understanding around the clinical and economic performance of our business.
- Communicate difficult information in any direction to improve our business.
- Comply with both regulatory requirements and institutional policies and procedures.
- Promote and participate in quality improvement initiatives.
Our value based culture is crucial to ensure we consistently provide innovative, cost-effective billing and collection services for surgery centers. It guides us in all that we do and is fully incorporated into how we effectively lead our employees.
Are you interested in working with Regent RCM? Contact us today to learn about how you can join our team and make a valuable contribution to our partner centers.